Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Christian Century favorites.

When I get my copy of Christian Century Magazine each month the first section I turn to is "Century Marks" which has small paragraph articles on things along with a few quotes. I thought I'd share a few with you.


"You enter into the soul, the spirit of somebody else by listening to them, not by telling them something." ~ Eugene Peterson on a key pastoral ministry in an interview on Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly [PBS May 13]


My friends and I have been coddle long enough by a billionaire-friendly congress. It's time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice. ~ Warren Buffet [NY Times August 14]


They also often have a poll, this one was upon God's Role in natural disasters.
Percent of Americans who agree:
    56% God controls everything in the world
    40% Natural disasters are God's way of testing faith
    38% Natural disasters are a sign from God
    29% God punishes nations for the sins of its citizens.


Rick Perry makes a show of his conservative religious views. I wonder how he interprets the fires in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment