Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

A New Cat Trick

The other day I came into my office and wiggled the mouse for my MAC to get it going…it just sat there with a blank screen. So, I poked the start button. Then I poked it once again – nothing. At this point I look at the cord to the outlet, which was firmly inserted into the correct receptacle. And then I saw the problem, the rocker switch had been turned off. I turned the switch back on, started the computer and went merrily on my way.

Today, after a rousing time of whacking he ball on the links, I came back to check my email. The computer was dead again, even though I had used it earlier in the morning. I looked down and sure enough the rocker switch was off again. I rebooted, and began flitting around the Internet when Doreen came into my office. I felt a paw and a tale brush my leg and the computer died. I looked down and sure enough the rocker switch was off again.

I don’t know whether the cats have decided I spend too much time on the computer rather than petting them, or just find this an exciting new thing to do to drive the furless servant bonkers.

I have moved the outlet switch, but we will see if they will catch onto the new location soon or not. Perhaps they have decided it is their computer and don’t want me messing with it.

Perhaps I need to get them a new toy to play with.





No comments:

Post a Comment