Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reincatrnation

Pawline and Patrichia were sitting nose to nose on the top level of the cat-stack thingy (I need a better name for it.) Pawline, rolled over on her back and eyed Patchtricia and said, “Patchtricia, do you believe in reincatnation?”

Patchtricia rolled on her side so the were at 90 degree eyeball connection and said, “Well, hmmm, ahhh, eh, meow…I really haven’t thought about it.”

Pawline flopped over with her head atop her paws and said, “Well I have been thinking about it. We all know the furless ones say we have 9 lives. But the only life I know in the one I am living now. So, what about the other 8?”

Patchtricia stuck all her legs into the air, wiggled her toes and said, “That’s is very interesting. I only know of one life for myself as well. And I have not see anything of our truck-flattened mother since she was flattened when we were wee kittens either. It would stand reason if we had nine lives she could be back here with us now.”

After a long pause Lamont, stood up on the second level of the cat-stack thing, arched his back, stretched out to his full length digging his toes into the rug covering looked up as his sisters and spoke down to them (tricky from a lower position, be he can do things like that.) “Ah dear sisters, I, in fact, do believe in reincatnation and unlike most cats, I remember past incattations. Now the one furless one who renamed me Lamont Cranston from Shadow, recalling the old radio show ‘The Shadow Knows’ where the Shadow was the secret identity of Lamont Cranston. He thought he was quite clever but in actuality I clouded his mind and made him name me as such. You see that comic book character was a real person who did indeed study in the orient and learned many things. I am Lamont Cranston reincatnated as the cat called Shadow and now Lamont.”

“Wow!” replied his sisters in concert.

“I have had many reincatations as have both of you, you just don’t remember them because you have not be trained properly in the mystical arts as I have. For instance, about 4500 years ago I was the most noted royal cat in the reign of Neferti.


 “Here is what I looked like then,” said Lamont as he pulled out pictures from a secret pocket.


“As a matter of fact,” continued Lamont to the awe of his sisters, “We have far more than 9 lives. As Jesus told his followers about forgiveness that they were not to forgive someone 7 times but seventy times 7, or more than they could count. So it is with reincatation. We can be reincated not 9 times by ninety times 9 or a really big number. Furthermore, we do go to heaven with our furless servants, but since our earthly lives are relatively short, we are periodically reincarnated back here to experiment more with earthly life and of course, to train the furless ones.

“Finally, the furless one keep saying it wrong. It is reincatation not reincarnation as they keep saying. How could you possibly reincarnate a car? Cars just rust and fall apart. Reincatation is the proper term. Silly furless ones. I will tell you about some of your earlier lives another time.”


With that aid, all three cats rolled over for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment