Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Ten Plagues Were a Waste of Time


With some regularity in my life I have been telling God how she could of done things differently and better. Here is a case in point.

You all know about the ten plagues God rained down upon Pharaoh and his fellow Egyptians. That was over kill, why bother with toads, and locusts, floods, lice, flies, hoof and mouth disease, hail and thunder darkness and finally the death of each first born. All God had to do in inflict a good old Midwestern super cold on the entire population and the Hebrews could have walked out the country taking away anything they wanted.

This came to me as I a currently suffering from just a cold plague. Can’t eat, can’t sleep, everything hurts including my hair follicles, and I’m just plain puny. Don’t even show me a golf club; it’s that bad.

It is so bad the Patchtricia the tiniest of our cats took a look at me wobbling around, hurled herself at my chest and pinned both of my arms flat on the floor; then laughed. As a matter of fact they all came over and laughed. I haven’t seen them all this happy in a long time. Sadistic felines. Lamont said I didn’t have enough brain cells left working to cloud and he could pinned me with a single toe. Pawline just purred.

If you have not shed a tear of pity for poor old me you must in callous malevolent creatures indeed.

Think I’ll go in the garden and eat worms…oh, we don’t have a garden; probably couldn’t swallow one anyway. You know majority of the Psalms are Psalms of complaint. This is mine for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment