Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Still Alive and Kicking: well poking at any rate


Little writing as I have the plague that rendered this 70 year old to a 90 years old in two weeks. One can only hope for recovery and a reversal process.

Ponder this, 90 percent of Americans support expanded background checks for gun purchasers; 67% of Americans like baseball. We subsidize one of those and ignore the other. Therefore, 67% must be more powerful than 90%; makes as much sense as Wayne LaPierre many statements. [Is there small but vocal and well funded anti baseball organization seeking to rid the country of all subsidized baseball stadiums and limit player and owner salaries? It is National Anti-Baseball Association (NABA)?]

Three cats, they’re too old to be kittens anymore, have taken control of our lives. How is that possible? Species superiority concepts are specious.

Words of wisdom – when spring appears to appear don’t get carryied away by putting the top on a gazebo. You don’t expect a foot of snow to fall on it and destroy the entire apparatus. But it will and it did. I my case I bought a new top but now have no gazebo.

Why do we get so excited about how poor people spend their money and food stamps? Many don’t know how to cook good nutritious inexpensive meals; rather than complain you could help teach them but that means you’d have to make friends with them. And escape mechanisms such beer may be more important that those who can afford expensive toys. Are they more loathsome than driving a Hummer to the grocery store or just driving a Hummer? Statistics show that in bad times it is a good idea to buy stock in booze companies.

I just purchased a new Kindle Fire HD. It seems much more complicated than a computer at this point and I have am having to do a lot of research just to learn how to do what I did with the originals ones. It is an intuitive as a flux capacitor. Fun though. I also bought a cover with a Bluetooth keyboard with very tiny, even miniscule keys to poke at. I also bought a $1 word processor for it, which seems incapable of opening a document, however, they offer lots of upgrades. Supposedly it is compatible with WORD documents

Cats seem curious about everything; I like that. But what do they think about curios? Shadow continues to steal my pens but hasn’t written a thing worth sharing yet. Perhaps I having found his writing; surely he has stolen paper as well.

One our granddaughters is getting married soon. My lovely wife has purchased umpteen wonderful grandmother’s outfits for it that are lovely. I’m wearing my robe; (I get to preach the sermon;) much less bother.

I notice that our backyard incline increased at least 13% over the winter. However, so many tree limbs feel down it gives you better grip while staggering up it. I’m speculating here as I haven’t really tried to walk up it.

My wife claims I lost a lot of weight during my plague. But why wasn’t any of it from my stomach; now I look like a four legged spider. No, that’s not true, I looked in the mirror the other day and was surprised to see Mahatma Gandhi staring back at me. Think I’ll start wearing a bedsheet.

Join the military and get sexually assaulted if you are female; more likely raped than killed by enemy fire. But numbers are hard to come by, as most don’t get reported for fear of reprisal; an estimated 26,000 last year up from 19,300 in 2010. 1,100 were punished for the assaults but what do expect when one who in charge of such cases is a sexual assaulter himself? So, why is it rising, and rising in the military in comparison to the rest of society.

“The only thing we have to fear is the lack of fear itself.” Just think about it for  a bit.

Philip Falcone and his partners at the hedge fund Harbinger Capital agreed to pay $18 million to resolve civil allegations by US regulators that he misused customer funds to pay his taxes, manipulated the markets and gave favorable treatment to certain clients…. Phil Falcone has a net worth of $1.2 billion according to Forbes. He went to Harvard. I wonder how he did in his business ethics course if he took one. Now he’s barred from working as an investment advisor or broker for two years. Ho hum, just a little fraud. Good thing he didn’t do something really bad like break into a store and steal paint or something. You can go to jail for that sort of thing.

Time for food for body than thought and a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment