Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sometimes It Is Good to Be Uniformed, Sometimes Not

I read that Amanda Bynes has attacked Rihanna on Twitter. Now I don’t have a clue who either of these people are or how you do a Twitter attach, not do I understand if it is serious. I am uniformed. I don’t even tweet and I don’t want to tweet. Let Tweety Bird do that.

Now I do know that Iowa’s senator Church Grassley and Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky among others are charging Obama with stacking the D.C. Court of Appeals. There are 11 members of that court and 3 seats are vacant so Obama has the responsibility of filling those positions. But Grassley, who voted to fill the open positions under Bush, now says that they don’t need that many judges and they should just stay at eight judges. That is a weird and illogical argument for stacking a court. If that is their argument, why wasn’t that true before when Bush appointed?

But my guess is more citizens know about Amanda Bynes and Rihanna than they do about the D. C. Circuit Court of Appeals, which many belief is the second most important court in the country.


Now when folk holler, “Go big red!” which big red do they mean? Never mind, I don’t care. However, it may be reflective of how we treat the political process these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment