Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Renaming the Furless Servants

“Remember when the whiskered furless servant we call Oooo renamed us from our names given us by the whiskerless furless servant?” said Patchtricia.

“Yes,” replied Pawline, “the whiskerless furless servant, who we have never really come up with a good name for ourselves, called us Shadow, Patch, and Paw.”

“That’s right said Lamont, “She called me Shadow because I am black except for 8 white hairs on my chest, she called Pawline, Paw because she had a light colored paw, and Patchtricia, Patch because she had a light colored left eye patch. She’s rather pragmatic.”

“Good summation Lamont,” said Patch. “Then the whiskered furless servant, Ooo, remamed me Patchtricia because he thought it sounded more something, but they still call me Patch. Then he named Paw, Pawline for the same reason. Finally, he renamed Shadow Lamont Cranston because of some old radio show called ‘The Shadow’ who lead character was really named Lamont Cranston.”

“Not bad changes I would say,” remarked Lamont. “I particularly like it when he refers to me as the ‘remarkedly handsome one’ as in the Castle character.”

“Yes, they are okay changes thought I prefer the nicknames of Patch and Paw.”


“Well and good,” said Patch, “but the point I want to make is that I think it is now time for us to rename the furless servants ourselves with more appropriate names.”

“Tell us more,” answered, Lamont and Paw.

“I’ve given this a lot of thought and these are my suggestions for their new names. For the furless servant whiskerless lady who gives us gourmet dinner and brushes us industriously, I would suggest the name…Mewreen. I understand her furless friends call her Doreen, but in Catonese that would translate well as Mewreen. Now I realize some may confuse her with a type of eye drops, but I’m willing to take that chance.”

“Oh a good name,” said Paw, “Now, what do you suggest for the whiskered furless one we call Oooo?”



“Ooo, despite the number of o’s we put in it, just seem so, well, ooo. I think he deserves better than something that sounds like a spill of liquid such as glue or some other odious substance. So, for him I suggest we call him Meugh, which just sounds like mew with ugh part as in the word through. He could also be called Mewugh, or Mewooo, but I prefer Meugh, even if some less educated cats may call him Me Ugh.”

“Oh, I do like the Meugh,” commented Lamont. He’s my buddy, and as he gave me a wonderful name such as Lamont, I think Meugh is appropriate.”

“I agree,” said Paw. “You have made very good choices for our furless servants Patch. I think that should be the new names we call them. All in favor say ‘Mew.”

“Mew,” replied both Lamont and Patch.

“The mews have it,” said Paw. “Henceforth we shall call them Mewreen and Meugh.”


“Now as to their last names,” began Patch…but by then Paw and Lamont were grooming each other and preparing for a catnap.

No comments:

Post a Comment