Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Florida is fine

Even though Doreen (wife) and I live in Fountain City, WI most of the time; now we are residing in Palm Habor, Fl at the Highland Lakes old folks community. It's a delightful place where I can golf as much as a please (if that is possible.) We've made some new friends and found our way around the place and like it. It is currently 53 degrees on its way to the mid 60's today. Friends back in Fountain City too bad about the 20's you're having (sadistic chuckle.)

The condo where we are staying is owned by some fine Canadians who have completely refurbished the place; it's great. I'll try to show pictures when I figure that out.
I've met some golf buddies already who love to golf one hour before God arises (9 a.m.) but sacrifices have to be made. We're golf Monday's and Fridays. As soon as I get enough rounds in I think I'll joint one of the leagues  for sufficient humiliation. We rented a golf cart which had to be replaced, got it a couple of days ago and I immediately ripped the rear view mirror off it. Replaced it yesterday so we can romp down the roads with a bit more safety now.

There are three executive courses which we can play for free (free included multitudes of fees for various things). Doreen has played twice and quite well. She had a 62 and a 61 (yes they were on par nines.) I've been shooting in the low 40's and high 30's. Been have trouble getting the yardages down, the carry here is a lot different the Walnut Grove at home.

Enough for posting one. Now to try and find out how to let folk known this things exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment