Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Solution to the National Debt


I think I have found the solution to getting rid of the national debt. Hunters can save the country with their sport. Currently hunters leave 3,000 tons of lead bullets in the woods each year. At shooting ranges the deposit 80,000 tons of ammunition. Wow! Now the 3,000 in the woods would be hard to recover but the 80,000 at shooting ranges is not real problem. Now those pesky environmentalists get all upset about this lead and the lead poisoning it creates among wildlife, they even got lead bullets made illegal for hunting waterfowl in 1991. I have a much better idea; actually two forms of an idea.

Realize the mathematics is not my long point but this is the way I figure it. Gold is currently selling at $1,643.30 per oz. That works out to $26,292.80 a pound. Now all we need to do in find an alchemist to turn lead into gold. That 80,000 tons of lead is 160,000,000 lbs multiplied by $26,292.90 per pound equals $4,206,848,000,000.00. Now I’m not a great mathematician and I don’t even know what that number is, but I think it wipes out the national debt in just a few years.

Now some of you may scoff at this saying there are no alchemists since Merlin around that can do that. Okay, here is my plan number 2. It is simplicity itself. Just make all the bullets out of gold. Hunters spend ridiculous amounts of dollars for the guns they own so they must be able to afford it. Hunting historically was sometimes known as the rich man’s sport so that upper 1 percent with the wealth can go to the ranges and do something worthwhile for a change. If we got the NRA (National Rich Ammoists) behind this it would be great.

It would also benefit the poor who would be out in the woods searching for all those lost gold bullets and cleaning up the environment in the process. And, if one of them gets shot their epitaph could read, “He/She truly had a heart of gold.”

I think we’ve got to get on this right away with petitions, and lobbyists and the like. Organize your neighborhoods to get the lead out and replace it with gold.  

Sometimes I just amaze myself.

I just had another thought, think how those countries we invade acting as world policemen, with all the gold we’d leave behind they welcome us with open arms (no pun intended).

2 comments:

  1. Interesting concept. If we look at some more
    numbers- typical hunting bullet weight (30-16)=
    165 grains= 0.3771 ounces. Current price for gold= $1631/oz, so each bullet would cost $615.05. An environmental impact would be no
    holes in signs and no pole insulators shot:
    target practice would be minimal and during
    deer season in the woods, silence would be 'golden'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB-Idaho I wonder if we are related.

    ReplyDelete