Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

White Hairs

“Lamont,” cried Patchtricia peeking out from behind the TV, “You’re getting more white hairs on your black fur. You had three, just like Meugh has three white chest hairs on his chest, but now you have a few more on various parts of your body. What’s with that?”



“Good works,” replied Lamont.



“Good works?” said Pawline, “What good works.”

“Well,” replied Lamont, “if you have noticed our human servants have been attempting to spruce up the place here. I suppose because we live here now they have raised their standards.

“Nevertheless, you likely have noticed that they took of the shower doors and replaced them with a curtain. They also put tile around the opening of the shower. Pretty nice, I added a few touches myself by putting some nice long hairs from my fur into the caulk to give it a little added panache. And you may have noticed some nice white paint added in the laundry room.”

“Yes, yes,” murmured Patch, “but what about your white hairs?”

“Patience little one,” said Lamont, “I’m coming to that right now. After Meugh painted the spot in the laundry room he started patching some chipped off paint in various places such as the rail upstairs and the newel post at the end of it. There were chipped parts on the rail posts and the underneath of the rail needed a bit more paint.”



“Oh yes,” said Paw, “that’s the rail you like to lay one and let our four of your legs dangle down as you rest on your tummy.”

“Exactly,” replied Lamont. “It is a fine place for me to stay while I inspect Meugh’s work to see he’s getting it done properly. So, right after he painted it I inspected it thoroughly to make sure he it done correctly.



“I’m not sure why, perhaps it was just my interest in his work, but that was when I when I got a few more white hairs on my fur. Probably an empathetic reaction.”




“Sure,” replied Patch, “that explains it very well.

1 comment: