Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dragon Toes

“Ingrates,” muttered Lamont!


“Who are ingrates”, asked Patchricia?

“Our human servants,” replied Lamont, “Meugh and Mewreen.”

“Oh my,” responded Pawline, “why on earth would you think our human servants are ingrates?”


“I’ll tell you,” sniffed Lamont. “When they go to bed at night I go in to check to see if they are alright as is my duty. They are tucked in all nice and comfy and then I notice at the bottom of the bed there is an extra blanket and a heavier canvas like material. And then I notice movement!”

“Movement,” inquired Patch, “what type of movement?”

“Something is moving beneath the covers where their feet should be,” continued Lamont. “With my mystical powers I quickly determined the movement comes from dragons who are attacking their feet! Fire breathing, evil, nasty dragons.”

“Oh my,” echoed Patch and Paw in unison, and again, “Oh my!”

“So, I quickly come to their rescue,” said Lamont. “I leap and pounce on the dragons with rigor. I pounce and pounce. I dig my nails into these malevolent dragons. I bite them. And then I pounce and dig and bite some more.”


“Oh,” said Patch, “how very very brave of you.”

“I’m just doing my catly duty,” replied Lamont. “But then what happens as I defend our human servants? They yell and scream and toss me off the bed. I leap back again to attack the evil dragons and they throw me off again. I think they just don’t understand what I am doing. I think they think the dragon fire and chopping is me.”


“Ingrates.” And with that Lamont stomped away as only a maligned cat can.

No comments:

Post a Comment