Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Where’d They Go? A Cat Tale

“Who is that woman and what is she doing here?” Asked Patchtricia.

“Oh, she was here yesterday with Mewreen and Meugh when the fed us our goodies.”

“Yes, Mewreen and Meugh were pointing out where our food is kept and our brushes and she even petting us some,” added Paw.

“Oh yes,” said Lamont, “How’d I forget that. In fact, she seems pretty nice. I think I’ll go say ‘hi’ to her. I remember she has been here before to give us food and water.”

“What?” exclaimed Paw, “So, we’ve seen her, doesn’t that mean we trust her? I think not. I’m not at all sure all furless critters are nice as our furless servants are.”

“I’m keeping my distance,” continued Patch. “She scares me.”

“Everything scares you Patch,” said Lamont. “I think she is nice.”

[several days pass as the young woman, who is named Anna, continues to come and feed the cats. And several days and man comes, Paul, who also feeds and water them.]

“It’s been over a week that these two furless servants have been coming and giving us our food and water,” said Lamont. “You two have given either of them the time of day, even if we knew it. You just hide or don’t approach either of them. Why not?”

“Simple, they are not Mewreen or Meugh. Think how long we took to make up our minds about them and to care for them. It was months and months,” said Paw.

“I’m not at all sure I even trust them all the time either,” interjected Patch. “I still make them come to me, even though I like the petting, brushing, and especially having my cheeks scratched. If they are not cats can you really trust them? Can we even trust all cats? Nope. I remain a skeptic.”

“Your loss sisters,” said Lamont. “But then I’ve always been more out going than you two.”

“Ah brother, you forget. I was the first to make contact with our furless servant Mewreen. But that was a sheer desperate act for survival.”

“It worked,” continued Paw. “We’ve been with them a long time now and we trust them and they make my motor purr.”

“Females!” utter Lamont, “I will boldly go where you two cats have never gone before,” said Lamont as he gave a silent greeting to Paul or was it Anna?
But the food was appreciated by one and all


[ed. Note: We lowly servants of the cats were gone several days to visit family in Texas to celebrate a daughter’s monumental birthday and to celebrate Thanksgiving along with other members of the frozen family of Wisconsin. The good neighbors Anna and Paul took care of the cats for which we are thankful, even if the cats stay a standoffish.]

No comments:

Post a Comment