Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cat Tail Hour

It is Doreen’s and my custom to enjoy a spiritual libation somewhere after the sun crosses the yardarm (usually around 5 p.m. for you land lubbers.) I’m not sure when it happened but the cats decided to join us for these moments of relaxation.

“Hey clouder mates,” exclaimed Lamont, “I think it is cat tail hour downstairs. We’d better hussle down there and keep our human servants company.”



“Oh good,” replied Patch, “I like cat tail hour.”



“Me too,” added Paw, as they all bounded down the stairs to the great room.

“I see Meugh is in the kitchen preparing their beverages,” said Paw, “and Mewreen is in her recliner giving her drink order.

“It looks like her usual bourbon and water,” said Patch as she skidded around the kitchen corner careening on the island and dashing into the great room. “Not branch water, just filtered water from the fridge. She’s not from the South you know but a Northern Yankee. Why don’t we get filtered water from the fridge, we just get plain old tap water. We may have to lodge a complaint.”

“Hugh’s getting his wine,” said Paw. “I think it is his usual Chateau le Box Shard do Neigh. Rather sharp after taste I believe. From a bouquet standpoint I prefer a good merlot”

“Oh good,” said Lamont already in the living room on the bench beside Mewreen’s chair. “I’m the official “nose” of this group and will do my duty to sniff each drink to see it meet my Sommelier standards. For some reason I don’t understand, I don’t think they like it when I stick my nose in their glasses. Always shooing me away. I don’t drink that stuff, yeack, but I do have the nose. They should appreciate that. I take after Uncle Boozer in that way”



 “Meugh’s in his recliner with his wine glass,” noted Patch. He likes to sniff it too, we all do. He must like to imitate Lamont. Okay, let’s hie to our places. I’m taking the cloth couch today. I see Lamont is stretched out full length on the floor and there you are Paw in a bed under the coffee table. Good, we’re all here enjoying each other’s company. How civilized of us.”



“Yes, here we all are together in this lovely room overlooking the Mississippi River,” said Lamont. “What a wonderful visita to look at, as a matter off fact I think I’ll move to a window ledge and just take it all in. How lovely and serene it is.”



“Oh no,” interjected Paw, “They just turned the blasted TV on to watch the news and a game show. They just shattered the moment. Oh well, they are just humans and apparently don’t know any better.”

“Well, at least we’re all together, we litter mates and our beloved human servants. If we had glasses we’d clink them with the human glasses and give thanks the Bast,” said Lamont. "But a little catnip for us wouldn't hurt."


“Amen,” responded Patchtricia and Pawline.


No comments:

Post a Comment