Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

An Cat Human Non-Dialogue

The other day Hugh/Meugh and Lamont were sitting/laying in the front room Meugh in his recliner and Lamont in his round bed under the coffee table. Each were idly musing and thinking about the other. There thoughts seem to bear no resemblance of dialogue or do they?


Lamont: What a fine day this is. Here I lay in my cosy bed in my cosy house while the winds blow outside and the snow in piled high. There are tasty tidbits I can go and eat anytime I want, and I have my sisters to play with. Life is good.



Meugh: What a crappy day. Hell has frozen over for sure. I freeze my butt off every time I have to go outside. I have to struggle to put on clothes and struggle to put them off as I try to continually move snow about which is not impossible. The heat bills are out of sight. Grump.



Lamont: And there sits Meugh in his chair that reclines. He seems to like it that way. I prefer to curl myself but to each their own. He and Mewreen are very good servants that take good care of my sisters and myself. And, they seem to dote upon us with great love and affection. Life is indeed good.

Meugh: Look a Lamont just laying there. I must trim his nails. He drew blood the last time I played with him. Though he did deign to sit on my feet and snuggle for a while, longer than ever before. He’s a good cat, though I wish he’d sit in my lap as he does Doreen’s even if it is only for a short period of time.

Lamont: I wonder why our human servants seem so enamored of us? I wonder why they took us in from the outdoors after a truck flattened our mother? I wonder why they seem to like taking care of us even when they complain about not being able to south, wherever that it, because they have to stay and care for us? I wonder about them.

Meugh: I wonder why our cats follow us around like puppies, if fearful puppies. They are feral wild cats who have years of breeding not to trust anything including people. And yet they love to rub up against us. They seem to like to be around us a good deal and just be in the same room with us. I wonder why that is? Doreen says Lamont even goes to the back window when I go out the to Shackteau and cries. She thinks he misses me. I wonder if he does?

Lamont: What is there about people that like cats. We’re much more aloofthan say dogs that are absolutely gaga about humans and seem to worship them. You’d think they would just have dogs as pets rather than cats as their masters. They are odd creatures but you just can’t help feel affection for their eccentricities.

Meugh: I wish Lamont would come over at least part way and flop on his back and let me rub his belly. He seems to really like that.


Lamont: I think I’ll go over to Meugh, and least part way and flop on my back and stick my paws in the air so he can rub my belly. He seems to like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment