Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Cat Sports

“Hey sisters,” said Lamont, “I’ve found a great new sport.”

“What?,” said Pawline.

“Well, lately I’ve been sneaking into Mewreen’s and Meugh’s bed at night and laying nicely across Mewreen’s feet for long periods of time then suddenly I pounce on her feet and legs with claws extended as though they were alien creatures that must be destroyed instantly. Wow! What a reaction. They get all excited and try to calm me down. So, I lay there a bit more and do it all over again. Eventually I get tossed out of bed or just leave.”



“Lamont,” said wee Patch, “that isn’t even nice. I don’t know why they put up with you.”

“I still prefer ScRUGby,” said Pawline.

“ScRUGby,” what’s that?” asked Patch.



“It’s what we used to call rug scrungie, when we run and skid on the rugs around the house and make them curl up. I think scRUGby is a much better name,” said Paw.

“I agree,” said Lamont, “scRUGby catches the really essence of the game. Well done Paw.

“I need to come up with a name for my new game of climbing to the highest levels in a room. You know when I climbed up and along the crown molding in the great room,” continue Lamont. “Boy did that get a rise of out of the human servants. Any suggestions?”



“Well, you could call it ‘uppelling’ the opposite of repelling with no ropes,” said Patch.



“Uppelling, it has a good ring to it, uppelling it is,” said Lamont.

“You know we cats are super athletes, expert in many sports unknown or unthought of by humans. We should have our own cat Olympics,” said Patch. "We could eat a lot and become sumo cat wrestlers. We could have untag team wrestling, just all of us tussling as we do now. There are countless games we can do."

“Good thought Patch,” said Pawline, “but for now let us down what we do best --- napping.”

And they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment