Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On Being a House Cat

“How long have we been over here in the house,” asked Pawline?

“Quite a while I think, perhaps a bit more than a half a month,” said Patchtricia.

“Yep! I think it is official; we’re house cats now,” said Lamont with conviction. “Furthermore, I like it! I like it quit a lot.”

“I do too…now,” added Paw, “but wasn’t all the sure the first few days. It is a lot different and a lot bigger than the Shackteau. But there have always been lots of places to hide.”

“I had misgivings about being over here as well,” meowed Patch. “We were quite accustomed to the Shackteau and now it seems almost a fading memory.”

“In the Schackteau Meugh (e.d. Catonese for Hugh in case you’ve forgotten) was with us quit a bit of the day,” said Lamont, “But now the human servants are around us 24/7. In the Shackteau Mewreen (e.d. Cantonese for Doreen) wasn’t a round much. Generally she’d just come out in the evening to feeding and pet us. But how she’s around all the time. Meugh still takes care of our litter boxes, but she is much more involved with us. And, she has a great lap. I even jump up on it voluntarily now.”

There used to be a pizza here :)

“I wonder if we will ever find all the places to explore,” said Paw. There are many many many places to find and stuff to play with besides our toys.”



“This whole place is rather like a toy,” continued Patch. “I love hiding in their clothes and tossing them on the ground. I could do that by the hour.

“And we can dash lickety split from one place to the other and slide on the many rugs to our hearts content, purred Lamont. “And you can plop yourself down almost anywhere a human servant is present and get tummy rubs. Oh, oh, oh, how we like those tummy rubs!” Both Patch and Paw nodded their assent.



“I like waking them up at night by jumping on them when their in bed and asleep,” add Lamont. You get all types of reactions. I also like to snuggle up to Meugh when he sticks his naked leg out from under the covers. And I love viewed them from the vantage point of the headboard as they purr, or rather snore. I still get a kick out of jumping down of Mewreen’s head when I get off the headboard.

“I counted the other day and we have five beds,” said Patch. “Three upstairs and 2 downstairs. Official beds that is, we can make anyplace a bed when we feel like it.”

“I rather like sitting on the dresser in our dining/patio patio room. I think they sometimes think I am an artistic piece of furniture.”



“I like my death defying catwalks on the rail above the steps,” said Lamont. “It scare Mewreen to death.”

“Yep, we are officially house cats,” said Paw.

“Amen to that,” replied Patch and Lamont in two part harmony.

We think there is a small elephant hiding here




No comments:

Post a Comment