Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brian McLaren


Brian McLaren is a new author for me. I saw he was going to speak at the Washington Island Forum in Wisconsin this summer, a forum I have attended frequently. He comes from a conservative background and is viewed as a major speaker on post-evangelical thought; which I take to mean he has seen the light. He has impressive academic credentials and is listed as one of the 25 most influential evangelicals today. He was a pastor for several years at the Cedar Ridge Community church in Spencerville, Maryland. He has honorary Doctor of Divinity degrees but his academic training is a B.A. and an M.A. in literature from the University of Maryland College Park.

I just finished his book “The Word of the Lord for Democrats” and will be reading his “The Word of the Lord for Republicans.” They were absolutely delightful pieces of fiction plus the cost a whole $1.00 each on your Kindle. I will also be reading a more recent piece, “What did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road.

A refreshing open and articulate man I think you would find interesting no matter what your political or religious persuasion. He seems a equal opportunity sacred cow killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment