Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Apple Mac User

Well, we’ve done it. We now have joined the world of Apple Mac users. We replaced Doreen’s old Gateway with a brand new spanking  Mac desktop. Whoopee!
Actually I’ve been less the whooping getting the thing up and running. ‘Twas simple to set up basically, just plug the dumb thing in. But then there was the super dupper humdinger more powerful than a locomotive router which seems to have less umph than my old wimpy one. It has a connection so you can hook it up to and external harddrive (which we also purchased) but with the puny connection power was so worthless I just plugged into the Mac itself. If wouldn’t have enough connection power on my laptop in the schackteau to access it.

Then there came good old Quicken, our stalwart financial package and its rather imperfect Mac counter part. The Geek squad put the material on the external hard drive but didn’t tell me if it was converted for Mac use or not. After messing about a good deal, I did it all myself and as a few minutes ago it is up and running. Had to go back to my good ol PC to convert the data.

I suppose I’ll get enthusiastic sometime, right now it just seems slow, less intuitive than windows and a hassle. Ah progress. All you Mac users may now rise up in righteous indignation. Doreen and I will let you know after a bit and some tweaking whether we’ve become converts or not.

Oh, also those of you on SKYPE will notice new invitation from Doreen as I put it on the new Mac (another thing the Best Buy Geek squad failed to do, for which I am glad.)
It sure looks pretty thought and the screen is immense! Weird keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment