Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Joys of Living in Cat House on the River

One day Lamont, Pawline and Patch were having their version of High Tea, grooming and licking each other, and just enjoying each others company.



“Paw and Patch,” said Lamont as usual starting a catversation, “what do you like best about living in the house since we moved from the Shackteau to the main residence?”



“Oh,” said Paw, “there are so many to choose from. I like the constant food available and I especially like the gourmet dining at night; those are very good. Wait, I know what I like the very best of all ~ brushing. Meugh is a very good brusher. He brushes the top of my head, he brushes my cheeks, he brushes my entire body. I wonder if he is collecting our cat hair for a project. Brushing, that’s definitely what I like best.”



“Oh, I don’t know,” mewed Patch. “As Paw said, there really are many things. There are lots and lots of windows upstairs and downstairs to gaze out of and see all the critters outside. I do like watching things. But sometimes they scare me and I run away. Well, that’s a think I like. There are so many places to hide. You know there’s those boys who show up every now and then and they want to find us and hug us. Too much affection for a shy cat like me; but I am very good at hiding.”



After a short pause Patch continued, “I’ve got it. I know what I like the very best of all. I like treats. Every evening when Meugh and Mewreen get their glasses of colored water, which I know it really isn’t water, you ever stuck you nose in them and sniffed?” Both other cats nodded in the affirmative. Patch continued, “What I like best is when Mewreen is settled in her chair and Meugh is settled in his chair, I climb up on his chair, and he gives me treats out of a blue plastic bottle. Yummy. He lays one on his leg or chest for me to eat and then he put one in the palm of his hand for you Lamont to bite, and then he tosses one to you Paw who stays a bit away. I don’t know why you both don’t like to get on his lap, though you do Lamont from time to time. Anyway, I like treats best.”



Lamont has listened attentively to his two sisters and now takes his turn. “I as well dear sisters find many many things I like about this house. I like it when we play scRugby with the rugs; that is lots of fun. I like roaring from room to room. I like laying out full length and basking in the sun. I like to rub up against our servants legs and shedding hairs all about the place which they pick up with the sucking machine. I really like exploring this house, it has some many places to see but for some reason our human servants aren’t always pleased by the places I explore like when I walked around the crown molding. I like all of these things very much and the things you mentioned as well. But, after much thought and pondering – I heard that grumble Paw – I have come to a conclusion. What I like the very best is laying beside Mewreen when she sits in her chair. I don’t know what all she is doing there, but I just like being snuggled up with her. That’s what I like best.



4 comments:

  1. That feline trio look much alike. Are they easy to identify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lamont all black and silky fur with a few white hairs on chest, Paw, is the biggest with a light colored front paw, a bit motley but wonderful soft fur as her significantly smaller sister Patch who has fur around one eye lighter and white whiskers on one side and black whiskers on the other.

      Delete
  2. The three seem to get along well. Have you noticed even a subtle cat hierarchy ?
    Are they siblings?

    ReplyDelete