Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Winding Down in the South

Sadly, our time in Florida is drawing to a close and we will soon rejoin our frozen, flooded brethren and sistern (not a word but I like it anyway) in the north. We've had a grand time, I think the best weather of all our southern sojourns and the nicest place we've stayed. Of course, this included golf galore as a part of the package. I golfed practically every day and Doreen a couple of times a week. Highlights including Doreen getting her first birdie (she now expect to birdie that hole every time she plays [a birdie is scoring one under par for you non golf aficionados; two strokes to put in the hole instead of the three which was par for that particular hole. I have also managed to score two eagles, on in league [that two under par;birdies and eagles do not mean killing the little birdies on the fairways.] In the men's league I've done well generally scoring well enough to ear chits (that's what we get instead of money). Chits can redeemed at a local golf store. I've never won a single league event, there is this one guy who always manages to score a bit better than me. He will not doubt be moved up the ladder to a more difficult league.

Besides golf, we have had lots of wonderful friends and family visit. We've met new folk who have been very gracious and welcoming and encouraging us to return to the Highland Lakes community. We delighted in seeing the new Dali museum in St Pete's. But mainly we just enjoyed the area and the environment and each other. We both have done a lot of reading. I've have found there is a ton of cheap and free books available for the Kindle and Doreen has made great use of the free library here at Highland Lakes. I'm currently reading a treatise Martin Luther wrote in response to Erasmus of Rotterdam on the subject of free will. If you don't what out I'll tell you about it but in far fewer words than they use. Other books I just down loading include: Calvin's Commentaries; A sample of Mirianne Williamson's, A Return to Love; Irish Magic and Tuatha De Denaans; The Bible for Dummies; The Bhagavad-Gita; Fatal Fixer-Upper (sample); Instituties of the Christian Religion by John Calvin; God Hates You, Hate Him Back (a sample); The Religion Virus (a sample); The Christian Atheist (sample); Simpicity: Zen, Taoism...; The Book of Common Prayer; and Video Poker.

I haven't been doing much posting lately, so I'll be catching up a bit. Remember, the idea is for all of to do posting here, not just me.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment