Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DON’T BITE ME

Before giving the cats their morning treats Meugh announced to them, “Ah me wee cats I have something to say to you before you get your morning goodies and I want you to pay close attention as it is very important.”
The cats all gathered at Meugh’s chair and peered at him giving the indication that they were seemingly paying attention.



Meugh continued, “Lamont, Pawline and Patchtricia, you are not to bite me or scratch me or by any other manner draw blood upon my person for the next week.”
Lamont, Pawl, and Patch, watched him very intently seemingly hanging on every word that their human servant said, much to Meugh’s delight.
“You see my fine felines,” Meugh lectured. Next Tuesday I am going to a hospital to have a large kidney stone removed surgically. Since I am the hospital, a place known to have sick people in it, and therefore laden with all types of germs, bacteria and various other microorganisms that can do bodily harm it is important that I have no gaping wounds, scratches or bites upon my person. Is that clear?”
Patch with her typical expression of questioning then asked, via telepathy obviously, “What is a pital?”



“Huh.” Meugh said a bit dumbfounded. “Pital?”
“Yes, pital,” Patch messaged, “I know perfectly well what a house is, we live in one of those.” Gazing at an obviously confused Meugh she continued. “You said you were going to a housepital, so I ask again, what is a pital.”
Meugh just sat there in his chair looking confused. So, all three cats put their psychic brains together and verily shouted into Meugh’s cranium, “Treats. Give us treats. Give us treats now!”

At this point Meugh reached over and began handing out the treats to Patch, Lamont, and Paw. After they had their treats, then Lamont crawled up into Meugh’s lap and bit him and then jumped down to the floor and left laughing a sneaky little cat laugh. Paw and Patch laughed too, they thought that was very funny.

Meugh heard a meowing voice in his head that said, “Bite me!”

        

No comments:

Post a Comment