Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Horse Cats and Shoe Throwing Sport

“Doreen is downstairs trying to sleep in her recliner while her leg jumps on its own volition and Hugh is feigning sleep upstairs though he is muttering something about his bladder as he slips in and out of bizarre dream states, “said Lamont to his sisters. “What shall we do to amuse ourselves?”



“I was watching ‘Black Beauty’ on late night TV last night. Horses seem to like to run,” said Patch. “We might play horse and run around like horses. Though I admit, I’d make a pretty small horse.”

“No matter wee sister,” said Paw. “Lamont and I can make enough noise to simulate a entire herd of equines. Let’s have at it.”

[And they did, thundering and thundering. You could practically hear Tennyson in the background shouting:
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death Rode the six hundred.
‘Forward the Cat Brigade!’]



“We need to spice this thundering up a bit,” said Paw.”

“Okay,” said Patch. “How?”

“How about we add in some shoe tossing,” offered Lamont, “Doreen always has lots of shoes for tossing.”

[And so they did selecting a nice pair a sneakers and some elegant black slippers.]

If you look carefully you will see all 4 shoes


“Wow, this is really good and good exercise,” explained Paw.

“Yes, it is almost as impressive as when Lamont did his last bout of cat uppelling getting half way around the great room on the crown molding.”



“Oh yes, one of my greater adventures,” continued Lamont. I don’t know why Meugh thought he had to intervene and drag me down from there. And I noticed that you Paw were looking like joining in the fun.”

“I considered it, but Meugh was too close and I knew he’d grab me before I even got on top of the buffet,” replied Paw.


“Ah the games we cats play. We’re obviously a fun bunch,” said Paw. “Our servants are lucky we give them so much free entertainment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment