Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I Am Six Foot Seven Inches Tall and Can Do a Standing High Jump Over Two SUVs


Oh yes, I am very tall a veritable mountain of muscle who lettered in all sports in high school and college. I have an IQ equal to John Stewart Mills. When I sing women throw their underwear and room keys on the stage. I am a scratch golf player. I can drink a fifth of scotch and two bottles of wine and a couple of beers in the evening and remain absolutely sober. I was elected President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer of my Senior college class. I have a six octave singing range. And I am Irish; need I say more?

All the above is absolutely true or at least as true as Paul Ryan’s claim that he ran a sub three hour marathon – “I had a two hour and fifty-something.” Kim Jong-Il had eleven holes in one in his first round of golf. Pat Robertson leg-pressed 2,000 lbs. when he was 76 years old. “The fundamentals of the economy are strong.” ~ Sen. John McCain 2008. “Read my lips: No new taxes.” George H.W. Bush – 2008. We seek no wider war.” Lyndon B. Johnson – 1964. Romney created 100,000 jobs while at Bain.

It’s just politics, we can say anything we want. Maybe I'll just talk to an empty chair.

2 comments:

  1. "Kim Jong-Il had eleven holes in one in his first round of golf."

    Didn't he do this with one stroke?

    ReplyDelete